Thursday, June 9, 2011

get moving: set goal, make it happen

It's here and it's official.  The calendar doesn't say summer yet, but let's get real.  Memorial day made it official.  And like the moon, diets swearing to drop 100 pounds in a week are in full salute.  And people wonder why I don't have patience to train clients anymore.  Everyone wants the magic pill.  People: there isn't one.  Anything you do to take the weight off ceases the moment your body adapts.  And the weight comes back.  I'm just not getting the need to wait until bikini season to get it together in a week.  If you're going to start something, make the commitment to change your life.  Now it'll be a struggle all the way through, with some days worse than others.  But the reality is like committing to go to school, or learning how to drive, or loving someone past their faults...you have to set yourself up to succeed and then get in, buckle up, and set it on cruise.  Yes.  It's hard work. And more times you fall off, the easier it becomes to stay off.  Why am I saying this?

I've battled weight just like everyone else in the diet community.  My victories came from the hard work.  But the biggest sabotages are the people around you.  We all know that.  So find a support group even if it's a diet community on FACEBOOK or YOUTUBE, or go at it alone.  And make it happen.

It's a year now since I've been on the road to recovery.  Food is my comfort.  I love to eat.  But I also love being healthy, feeling my body do amazing things, watching it transform before my eyes, and realizing gravity is  trying to take me down...literally.  Look good feel great, do it for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment