Tuesday, June 10, 2014

buttermilk cornbread...memories

It was long time since I had the taste of some awesome buttermilk cornbread on my taste buds. A recent fellowship for Memorial Day simply awakened the memories of childhood. It did not take long before I was circling the market for a collection of ingredients that could impress. Finally, I put something together. It was a 'cheat' by my evaluation, because I used a self-rising buttermilk corn meal. I can say for sure, Jiffy corn muffins as my quick-will-do-in-a-rush answer is officially on waivers.

Eventually, I will get to making them with yellow corn meal (...from scratch), but for now I will enjoy my corn muffins with some scrumptious pinto beans, fried cabbage, and Lundberg blend wild rice. The latter has become a huge grain staple in the cupboard. It will not replace my brown rice, which by the way makes some incredibly delicious grain meatballs.


No comments:

Post a Comment