Tuesday, January 10, 2012

hydrate with lemon water

Many years ago, I found my sister cutting lemons into wedges and packing them into her water bottle. This was mostly in the summer. She suggested this was a great remedy to boring water. It made the water taste better, but it also encouraged her to drink more of it with less additives. I never considered it that way. I was hot lemon water drinker and also I love lemon in my tea. Accidentally, I discovered the hydration drinks were heavy on the pocket and not as effective on the body.

I opted for the lemon water. I noticed that I wasn't thirsty during my workouts. I would drink a few glasses prior to exercising (1-2 hours) and then sip sporadically, refilling water on top of the lemons as needed. Amazing results. I felt energized throughout my routines. My endurance was increasing. I went from working out 1.5 hours to 3.5-4 hours. My runs went from 2-3 miles to averaging 4-6 miles.

Recently I found an article that validates the healthy properties of lemons. And it all seems true. Sports enthusiasts will endorse everything from Vitamin Water to G2 Gatorade. But give me my lemons and a water spring, and I am good to go!

According to the article Hydrate with Lemon Water the following are benefits to drinking this inexpensive elixir!

» Lemons help with digestion and bloating, helps relieve heartburn
» Lemons stimulate and cleanse the liver and kidneys
» Natural diuretic and helps lower blood pressure
» Contains magnesium, potassium and calcium
» Has been known to help with asthma

Now that's a list I can believe in!

No comments:

Post a Comment