Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January is almost complete...

Two days ago I worked fiercely on the new workout schedule for February '12. If you include today's run, that will be a total of 16 workout days this month. If I log more than 14, that's good! I consider that to be a successful journey. Well, the journey is far from over. To shake things up a bit, I ditched today's scheduled workout and exchanged it for a long run. Now the long run is typical of an upper body workout day, however on February 2, I have scheduled an arm day. I could do both days of upper arm.

The problem is that I have really shaken up the Feb schedule which will separate the long run from the upper body workout days. Essentially I am on a two day on, one day off schedule. This will give me 5 workout days in a seven day stretch. March will be 3 on, 1 off. And April is expected to be 4 on 2 off. At least that is the plan.

I have noticed significant changes in my measurements. I have not played to the scale as of late. I don't plan to. I have used my clothes. Almost two years ago, I was sporting XL sweat pants, down to a L. I am officially now between a small and a medium. I take the medium for its length. But after a few minutes on, they are baggy. I think its a comfy baggy.

For the record, I am a medium pants, officially a size 8-10 comfortably. How's that for a workout girl? Cardio training is still an essential part of my program. January's workouts commenced with a mile on a cardio machine (not treadmill) and then after the workouts, it was 3 miles HIIT on the cycle (on leg days) and 4-6 mile runs on the upper body days.

February:

Day 1: 5-10 Cardio UPPER 10-15 Cardio, stretch
Day 2: 5-10 Cardio LOWER/ABS 10-15 Cardio, stretch
Day 3: OFF
Day 4: LONG RUN/ABS
Day 5: 5-10 Cardio UPPER 10-15 Cardio, stretch
Day 6: 5-10 Cardio LOWER/ABS 10-15 Cardio, stretch
Day 7: OFF

No comments:

Post a Comment