Monday, February 6, 2012

everything happens for a reason

Years ago, I was a working teacher, successful but very afraid that someday it could all come crashing down and asked: "who would be there for me?" Well that test came and went, and from that I learned that my greatest ally was the universe, the spiritual realm, or my angels.

The belief in a supreme being and respecting that we did not create ourselves holds true. With every passing day, I offered prayer and sacrifice. I prayed for protection and guidance, and offered obedience. The three things I presented to the universe are still holding true.

Today, I live on significantly less and fear is no longer abound. I feel more protected than ever before. I still do not know what I am supposed to do with the life and the gifts that came with it. Instead of conforming to what I think is right and planning accordingly, I acknowledge that I am void. I ask for protection and guidance, while offering my obedience.

There are many things I want to do. There are people that I want in my life. However, the universe is not allowing anything that goes beyond 'protection and guidance'. I am not imposing my will. I am not praying people or things into and out of my life. I am accepting that which is, and allowing it to bless me abundantly.

During that time of lack, I felt that no one was for me and everyone was against me. It was a reality that held true. I believed that there would be no one and God showed me that. That does not mean that I am not grateful to those who presented themselves as angels. However, when you work for self and you are not motivated for the purpose of doing good, but acting for a return, it is revealed as it is.

We give with the expectation that it will return in prize. I have offered my friendship to people who rejected me simply for the reason that they were not happy with themselves. But friends come and go. Some you think you have, you do not have. Some that you think have departed you are still there in the back space.

I am speaking of this to say essentially, that we must allow whatever is to happen to happen without our interference. Everything happens for a reason. Sure we must ask, then put energy into it. Asking for something that is not purposeful for usage may arrive, but it may not arrive as you wanted it. Does that mean I should not ask for a very specific item? No. I ask for it, but in the will of "protection and guidance". That means, I am asking for the item that I need and not that item I may want. And in return, I will accept that which comes or goes without complaint, which are acts of obedience.

No comments:

Post a Comment