Sunday, August 5, 2012

the black tea spritz

The black tea rinse was a recent find for me on this natural hair journey. Fans of the black tea rinse rave about its ability to reduce shedding as the caffeine content blocks its contributor, the hormone DHT. The longer my hair becomes, the more I tend to notice it shedding. Sure the 50-100 strands daily is echoed as normal, but not for someone my age. I need to keep as much on my head as I can. LOL. YouTube has done it again.

I am still amazed at how much knowledge I'm gaining over this nearly four year evolution to natural hair. I am a YouTube fanatic. It is the anchor to my journey. Although I am pulling away from subscriptions that sponsor products and endorsements, it is my encyclopedia for knowledge of hair care still. I found a few people, none of which in recent years, who pronounced the goodness of black tea added to castor oil. That is my next venture when I whip up my next batch of natural 'oils'.

I even found viewers deny it's potency and ability to reduce hair shedding. I figured, it's natural. I will try it. I love it!

I think I made too much, however I am an avid user of oils and butters which this usage will help moisturize away the alleged dryness that can occur. I do not do rinses. I put my black tea into a tiny spritz bottle and spritz away.  So far so good. If it becomes a fail, I will certainly discontinue using it.

I am presently amazed at the immediate results.

No comments:

Post a Comment