Wednesday, July 10, 2013

july...injury recovery...it sucks...but fighting on


A couple of weeks ago I pulled the muscle in my lower back. As it seems the right side is taking the longest to heal. Strangely so, I took a week off, and then went back to the gym. The plus side is that I am not hanging back and spending months to recover the loss gains. The negative is that it will likely take up to a full two months before I notice no discomfort.

I am not one to run to the doctor every time I pull a muscle. I am not one to rest and reside on the comforts of a doctor. As a matter of fact I do not have much respect for the medical professionals who waste your time pushing muscle relaxers and PT, then reject me from more than a week or two of PT, and leave me to fill in that pain gap with OTC medications. Therefore, I shall heal myself.

Sure. If after a month I still feel the same discomfort with no apparent healing, then I will go to the doctor for x-rays to rule out major injury. Otherwise, I am good on my own.

You do not need a doctor’s comforting words to cure you, unless you are needy and require that kind of attention. I do not.

Pressure makes a diamond.

No comments:

Post a Comment