Thursday, June 27, 2013

2-year pescatarian-versary


It is official. Exactly two years ago this week I made the conscious decision to cleanse my body of meat proteins through a juice fast. Before the end of the week, I had set the plan in motion to become a pescatarian.

The first year was pretty much a transition that surprisingly went very smooth. This year is even better. I am still amazed that I can look at people eat these proteins and think “How can I make that vegetarian-like?”

The first year I was scrambling seeking out every food item of a vegetarian-meat-like variety. Last year I moved towards preparing my own foods, and cooking more from scratch. Not only does the food taste better, but I am convinced that it is large part of my why my body recovers at a faster rate from muscle strains and sprains.

This year, I am moving more towards healthy snacks, in hopes to quench my desire for ice cream. I will occasionally indulge in Healthy Choice Greek Yogurt. That vanilla bean is amazing. If it is ever on sale, which very often it is, I will definitely purchase. Part of the reason I am departing from 'cream' is because I believe my intolerance for dairy has returned.

In the effort to move towards healthier snacking, I opened a subscription to Nature Box. A few YT gurus subscribe to it and recently I discovered a link to receive 50% off the first month’s subscription. Raisins and nuts are a regular snacking staple in my house. They keep me satiated for a good three hours. I am therefore expecting Nature Box to provide me the same or better nutrition.

Let’s go!

1 comment:

  1. The first month was ½ off. You cannot beat that deal! The first box arrived today and I love it. I received five packages of goodies that include: South Pacific Plantains, Tuscan Summer Mix, Mango Almond Bites, Tart & Tangy (apple & cranberry) medley, and Cherry Crumble Granola.

    ReplyDelete