Friday, November 8, 2013

30 days of thanks challenge

"In all things, give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18.
I am often told that my attitude is always a positive one. There are times that I can recall that I may not seem to be positive. I strive to be positive. The energy is pleasant and it helps to have a clearer mind, open heart, and an obedient self.

My glass is always half full. I chose this a long time ago. As a teenager I discovered for the first time that people will not always be true. They will lie, cheat, and steal. Their behavior should not change you or what God has in His plans for you. Those around you will appear to be living life abundantly, but their spirit is haunted. They live in a perpetual fear. This is not the same as receiving discernment. Living a facade is living but it's not a happy existence.

I am thankful each day for the good and the bad. I have learned from it all. This month as Thanksgiving is designed to reflect on our blessings, I challenge you to find at least one thing each day to give thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment