Tuesday, July 8, 2014

postcard from a traveling vegetarian

As a vegetarian, the journey for me has been easy. In the beginning it was not so much for those around me to get used to. Sometimes people are not sure that you are for real. But the longer you do something the more people realize and recognize that you are serious. They may not become you, but they respect what you do.

The only thing that potentially can make a vacation go absolutely wrong is not having enough food to eat or simply enjoy...at least for a foodie like me. It is a stress button. Of course I learned to think ahead, tow some fruit/veggies, some ample whole grains, water, and other nutritious pre-packed snacks. The latter is the last thing I will plug into my luggage, but it is a snack better than the alternatives...which are purely junk!

It is a blessing to be understood for who you are and not feel closeted because you are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment