Tuesday, January 27, 2015

meal replacement

A year past maintenance and folks are likely wondering why am I talking about meal replacement. It is simple. I get a little bored with my snack options. I am a lover of desserts, but would rather have a healthier alternative. I need to infuse more fruits, berries mostly, into my daily nutrition.

A few years ago I discontinued use of meal replacements. The ones I did stock reached expiration. However since, I occasionally picked up a packet here and there, but nothing major. I was always a fan of Spirutein and Hemp Pro. 

Going forward, I paid a visit to my favorite vitamin supplement site, and discovered a special for the new year on meal replacement/fitness powders. I found my old trusted Hemp Pro at a fabulous price. I also spun my wheels a bit looking for an additional plain and chocolate variety. The plain is a base that can be flavored to my taste. You can never go wrong with chocolate. The brand of choice is VEGA. It is plant-based. I have tried the plain with strawberries, blueberries, banana, and a teaspoon of vanilla flavoring. Delicious. 

I will try the chocolate. I have great expectations for it, like adding peanut butter, banana, and perhaps a couple of Tablespoons of oat powder. The serving size for VEGA is a huge scoop measuring approximately to 4 Tablespoons. That is a little aggressive for me to start. Two tablespoons is more my frequency. 

Many independent contractors approached me to try their meal replacements. I am not a fan of a lot of protein without a fiber content. Plus the price point must be friendly. I am very much aware that many of these companies are mostly multi-level marketing businesses, driven for-profit and prize. I am not here for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment