Sunday, December 31, 2017

Crack Crackers (variant)

This spin deviates heavily from the recipe I was advised to follow.  My sister made me some crack crackers for my travel snack back home from San Antonio, TX.

As I researched 'crack crackers' I found that they come in a variety of flavors.  I had some organic crackers...my favorite brand, Back to Nature's Stone Ground Wheat and I used what I, inspired by a taste for--pizza.

I am a serious pizza junkie and my best effort to curb the enthusiasm for it found me here with a little cheese, pepper flakes, and my house special vinaigrette.

Set your oven to 300 degrees.  I use my convection oven.  A toaster oven is preferred for small batches, but feel free to save time by layering the crackers on a larger cookie sheet, and baking in the larger oven.

Ingredients
crackers
Italian vinaigrette (oil, garlic, seasons, lime juice)
Italian Cheese blend
red pepper flakes

Directions:
Place crackers on cookie sheet. Sprinkle cheese, drizzle vinaigrette, and a pinch of pepper flakes. Bake at 300 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.  Keep a close eye so they do not burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment