Monday, March 19, 2018

Spinach Pepper Jack Cheese Pinwheels

Start with the multigrain roll recipe here.

This is a great recipe that can be used for pizza as well.  I like to make a recipe and then divide it into fourths.  Last Friday I wanted pizza, then had a chance to experiment with pinwheels.



Spread melted margarine!

Add Pepper Jack Cheese, sauteed onion and bacon, salt pepper

Top with spinach and roll...

Just like you would a log of cinnamon rolls!

Using a bread cutting knife and cut into pinwheels.
Cover for 20 mins. (with plastic under a towel) in a warm place.
Brush the tops and sides with mix of 1 T melted margarine and milk.
For the pinwheels I added ranch seasoning!

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown

As you can see, I baked both side-by-side in an 11" x 7" brownie pan found at Dollar Tree.  I usually use a silpat mat and I did this time, but I also lined the pan with some parchment and sprayed butter.

Because this was not a full recipe, I used what I had in the freezer saved from other cooking preps.

The ingredients for the Pinwheels:  thawed spinach-strained (Stevia), sauteed onions & Morningstar Farms Bacon, minced garlic, salt, pepper jack cheese, ranch seasoning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment