Sunday, March 25, 2018

Greek (Inspired) Vegetarian Burger

One of my high school mates shared a Greek Turkey Burger recipe with me on Facebook.  At first I was taken aback, but then she offered that I could turn this into a Vegetarian Burger...and so I did!

If you want the recipe from root to stem, drop a comment and follow!!!






Directions.

Follow this recipe for the basis of your burger mix.  Add a 1/2 cup diced black olives.  You may also boast more protein by simply adding 1 cup cooked brown lentils.  I do!!!

I use a scale to make sure all of my burgers have approximately the same mass.  If you do not own a scale, use the 1/3 measure cup.  With each portioned burger, you will add 1-2 T of Vital Wheat Gluten.  This will help hold your mix together along with steaming it.  If you have a steamer use it.  Otherwise use a double boil system of a strainer or colander over a pot of boiling water. 

The secret to its form is the spring form pan

After mixing in your gluten, allow the burgers to rest in the refrigerator while you prepare your steam pan and mix your tzatziki dressing.

Form your patties by pressing them into the spring form pans.  Place pans into the double-boil or steam system.  You should steam this for an hour.  Then let the burger rest and cool for an additional 30 minutes.  Broil.  Dress to your desire, but keep it Greek!!!

Steaming

2 comments: