Thursday, October 7, 2010

stay warm with cold gear

Well, yes I had a successful run in Brooksie Way. I WON! I didn't cross the finish line first, but I crossed it! And that was my goal. I was a little concerned because I barely ran 2 miles straight during training. But, I did it! I'm so proud of myself! The morning was a chilly 45 degrees. I had about an hour drive. The line getting into the Oakland University Campus was long, but they didn't start without me. I parked, hit the port-a-potty, checked in, got my bib, and lined up for the 5K. I even had a handshake with L. Brooks Patterson, whose late son "Brooksie" is who the race is named for.

I finished with a 49:15 time. I felt really good, never winded. A little challenging going uphill, but thank to my intensive cross-training, I fleshed it out! Overall, I'm thanking myself for making an investment in Under Armor Gear.

 


I wore UA pants, bra, and long sleeve shirt underneath a shoulder-less t-shirt and sweat shorts. I tried my very best to wear nothing extravagant or heavy, but I needed to be warm. I ran in the shoes I had trained in, taking this advice from COOLRunning.com. Special Thanks to everyone who supported and cheered me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment