Saturday, October 22, 2011

a little bit of this...a little bit of that

I'm a fan of 'less is more'. I do love cooking. But after a hard cycle of workouts, I'm ready to eat! I had a taste for Chinese carryout. I'd tried this 'new' spot up the road and found it to be very inexpensive, tasty, and not a very long drive. My favorite dish is the Chinese Vegetables with Vegetable Fried Rice. I don't do beef and if you've followed me for the past few months you know I'm serious about my digestive tract. Now I happened into Whole Foods earlier in the week looking for my Gardein Holiday Stuffed Turkey. It wasn't in, and I was too busy to bother the service desk, so I glanced in the frozen foods section and found VegeUSA Black Pepper Steak...only it's not steak. It's vegetable protein, soy to be exact. I thought to myself...I said "self", you can toss that with some peppers and have your way with it.

And so I did, only I didn't do the sauteing, I picked up a carry out order along with my vegetable fried rice and tossed the veggies with my vegan pepper steak. It was yummy!!! I added an egg roll to the plate and dinner was served.

If you have a hankering for beef loins and have given up meat, there's a healthier option just waiting for you to try! Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment