Monday, July 16, 2012

my first 10K


I usually run intervals up to 6 miles once per week. Initially when Spring commenced I was graciously running three times per week on the nearby track. However our Spring fired up rather quickly and running in the heat became nearly unbearable...rather fast! Therefore, I moved my runs into the gym, recommencing with intervals.

I knew that someday, this year I would likely get to run a 10K. It was made possible by a friend who introduced me to a run that she was participating in. She was going to run her first 5K. I decided it was time to jump in. Surely common sense was telling me that the heat would make this torture. I soldiered on!

I even have a medal and t-shirt to commemorate the event. The drive in and out was hell. The heat was excructiating. I predicted I could do it in 90 minutes. In spite of the heat, which was comparable to sticking your head into an oven to check on dinner, but leaving it there for over an hour, I was more than happy to complete this feat, then wiggle onward to yoga the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment