Saturday, November 3, 2012

sleeping on the floor


First, I’ll start this post by saying that this is not for everyone. Some people will never commence the experiment because it goes against their Western Philosophy. If you even venture on the existential path, you’ll try it and you will love it.

Second, I did not try this as an experiment. I simply was tired of waking up tired and disoriented. I’m not sure if it was the mattress or what. I remember loving it so much as a kid during Friday video night sleepovers. The moment I could afford a luxurious mattress, I thought it was necessary to sleep in a bed to be considered elevated to some high level of consciousness.

Third, the floor matters. Allergies are a common reason why some avoid the floor altogether especially if the floor is carpeted. I debunked that myth not because I was trying to, but because I needed to find another way. I was not getting the quality of sleep I needed to produce fabulous workout results.

Tired of being tired…

Yes, after two plus years running, walking, lifting weights, cycling, yoga…the entire gamut…I was getting tired of exercising. I was suffering back aches that would bring me to tears. I either hated exercising or hated sleeping in my bed.

I am almost now afraid of investing in fancy bed fearing my workouts will suffer. Imagine investing hundreds of dollars in a ergo bed and realizing that it is tanking every aspect of your awake life?
I cannot even consider going down that road. I will consider keeping my carpet allergen free and staying on the floor for now.

My back and neck aches are dissolved. My hip joints are open, increasing flexibility. My runs are thus better. I just feel better overall. This is my life, and it works for me. Find what works for you. The most simple things have the greatest value.

No comments:

Post a Comment