Tuesday, March 5, 2013

time to rock 'n' roll


Breaking out of winter and kindly greeting spring, I will run my first race of the 2013 year. It is called the Rock 'n' Roll Run, to be held in Plymouth, MI. I have never run this race venue before, but it is a 10K, so I'm used to that distance. I have the gear, green of course, but no costume. The race is on March 17, St. Patrick's Day. I have already arranged my workout schedule to accommodate this run. 10Ks are not hard races when you are in the upwards of training for half marathons. This race will be the closest race to home. I will certainly appreciate not having to sit a long time driving home. I am looking forward to it. The amenities are a racer shirt and finisher medal. 

*78 minutes! This finish is down from 88 minutes in the last race.
Below freezing...lol, but got it in!

No comments:

Post a Comment