Friday, March 22, 2013

this...not this

It's Girl Scout Cookie time. I know my traditional favorite is the Samoa, a chewy, sweet-salty, yummy badness. I literally could clear an entire box in a few hours. Nutrition, not a favorable. Girl Scout Cookies are an annual tradition that you sink your teeth into, feel guilty over, but spend the remaining year forgetting, until it comes back again next year...same bat time, same bat place.

Well, I have a healthy substitute that you can eat every day of the year, with far less guilt.

eat this

130 cal. per serving (1 bar)
9 grams of fiber
2 grams protein
*rich in vitamin E & zinc


***


Girl Scout Samoa Cookies 
not this

150 calories (2 cookies)
0 grams of fiber
0 grams of protein
*no trace of vitamins or minerals

This week was an added bonus since I found the Fiber Plus bars on sale at Kmart. I'm an old fan, but the regular marked price drives me to a cheaper competitor. When ever I can find them on sale, it's a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment