Monday, August 4, 2014

texlax update...3 and 6 months

It’s the 6 month mark for the top/front sections, but the 3 month mark for the crown. Since this texlax effort comes with the intention to stretch the entire head towards February (annual date) on the HHJ, I decided to do a full tex-lax, commencing with the crown. The crown is the densest and therefore the most resistant to processing.

The prep started the night before utilizing extra oil especially in the scalp. By morning I was ready; set to go after a gentle finger and wide-tooth comb detangling session. I parted my hair into four sections and with gloved hands I mixed (A&B) of the Crème of Nature Argan Oil No-Lye Relaxer.

Here’s where it gets personal…

My texlax is established not through time in processing, but through weakening the relaxer intentionally by adding the following: 2T Argan Oil, 2T Aloe Vera Gel/Juice, and 2T of Cream of Nature Argan Oil Deep Penetration Conditioning Treatment.

It only takes me a half jar with this length of hair, but by the time I give it my personal touch I have a ¾ jar ready to apply. The application is done swiftly, starting with basing my edges with petroleum jelly, then re-touching crown, top, sides, and perimeter. Smoothing through then washing immediately in the shower, I made sure all of the relaxer was removed before applying my Suave Naturals Conditioner.
I finger detangled gently.

Next the Aphogee 2 minute Re-constructor. I smoothed this through. I will need to purchase another bottle by the next touch up. I anticipate that I can go to January/February. This looked like a really good application. I was thoroughly pleased. Finally, I neutralized.

Wow! My hair was looking delicious. I love the texture. I see the growth. I am pleased. Now it was time to do more protein using the Crème of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment. I smoothed this through instead of combing, pinned up my hair, applied a baggie, covered the baggie with a satin cap, and then sat under a warm dryer on medium-low heat for deep protein treatment.

I rinsed this out in the shower after 35 minutes setting, smoothing my hair clean with a warm-cool rinse. I applied my Suave Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner and did more finger detangling, and noticed fewer shed hairs. Things were looking good. I finished off with a warm then cold water rinse to seal the cuticle. Good deal!

The final step was the LCO. After spraying with the peppermint water spritz, I used the wide tooth comb through my hair. It practically glided straight through. It was nearly perfect!

With each section, I concluded using more Peppermint Water Spritz, Marguerite’s Magic, and Mimosa Hair Honey. Black Castor Tea oil is a good scalp oil following washings, but especially lovely after a texlax. It’s a good set! I completed the style with two side-by-side buns after my hair dried a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment