Wednesday, September 25, 2013

szechuan tofu

Szechuan Tofu
One day last week following both a run and a resistance training day, I decide 'no' to a vegetarian sub at Subway and opt to have protein rich delight: vegetable egg foo yung. It had been a while since I dined at my trusty local Chinese Carryout. I stood there a moment waiting my turn to place my order and I glance at 'today's special's' and see "Szechuan Tofu"! OMG!

I had to try it! I needed to know if they could make it sing! It was delicious. I have since prepared it myself. First, you have to prepare your tofu for easier texture by boiling it in a stock of: carrots, celery, soul food seasoning, pepper, onion powder, salt, and bay leaves. A wok is a must! If you do not have one, I would suggest one. Make the sacrifice, as you do for anything else you favor. This dish sings hot sweet melodies and you don't want to miss a beat!

I shortened my task with the use of Birds Eye Asian Medley that I allowed to thaw and drain. After pan frying the tofu, I tossed in the veggies, added some garlic, onion, my famous sweet 'n sour sauce, a teaspoon of Hoisin Sauce, mostly for color...water to thin it, and let my spatula's go to work. It was delicious. I served it with a vegetarian egg roll and vegetable fried brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment