Tuesday, September 17, 2013

it doesn't get easier...you just get stronger



Thanking God each and every morning and abundantly for the will to run every day, something that looked quite impossible two months ago.

Reaching the half-way point of this 30 day challenge, I thought it was time to record the observations. I will be honest, I wasn't sure I’d be able to do this, but it’s a good thing I tried anyway. My physical endurance has been quite stellar and sure there’s an athlete that lives inside of me, but coming off that back injury, I was really resting on the side of caution.

In addition to running every day, I am still maintaining my strength with resistance exercises (upper and lower) every other day.

I run a different race every day. The first week my runs ranged from 3-5 miles. The second week was almost the same. I believe running to the market on Sunday, turning into the 3rd week set me up good for Monday. Sunday was a 4 mile run round trip on a paved road that has weird elevations. I ran my first 6 mile track run. For the average person hearing this is not a huge feat. However, I believe that the treadmill is something that shouldn't be taken for granted. I was used to running on the treadmill on 2/3 incline and obviously this was not a labor in vain.

As I embark on the second half of this 'training', the third leg of this race, I am optimistic that something is waiting for me on the other side, victorious no matter what! It only seems to be getting easier, but I'm actually getting stronger!


No comments:

Post a Comment