Thursday, January 30, 2014

my very best oatmeal cookies

I am one of those grateful adults who grew up in a home where scratch cooking was gold. I also had the pleasure of being allowed to try my hand at cooking at a very early age. To say the least, pizza and cookies are two items I mastered very early. Throughout the years it has been my mission to make the best delicacies healthier, without sacrificing the flavor.

These are my best cookies. I hope you try and enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed sharing them with you!

Ingredients

1 c. packed dark brown sugar
1 c. ap flour
½ c. butter or margarine
1 c. rolled oats
1/3 c. oat flour
1 large egg
½ t. baking powder
CGA dash: cinnamon, ginger, and all spice
1/8 t. salt
1 t. good vanilla

¾ c. mixed nuts & berries

Preparation (12-18) cookies:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Soften butter, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Ease in salt, baking powder, ap flour, oats, CGA, and oat flour. Fold in nuts and berries. Cover. Allow to stand in order to proof. Drop onto baking sheet to your desired portion (1-2 tablespoonful’s). Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Let stand for 1-2 minutes. Place on cooling rack. Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. These look yummy...my boys would gobble them up! I'd have to omit the nuts, due to allergies in one of our boys, but they would still be a great hit! I really appreciate the recipes on your blog. Thanks!:-)

    ReplyDelete