Wednesday, January 22, 2014

what's the skinny in january 2014

It's not because I'm off the wagon, although I do love it when someone thinks they know me. The truth is...I'm still coaching, still supporting, still giving my advice to anyone who is listening. I'm not awake before dawn...unless I'm paid to do so. I'm up when I'm up...aka rise and fly. I'm enjoying the winter, getting fresh air in my lungs, and cooking more. I'm experiencing with different foods in the Vegetarian Cuisine since I am now a full-fledged veggie...3 months. My seafood days are behind me.

I am not selfish by nature. I had to become that way to preserve my health. On occasion, when I need to go warrior mode, I do it. I have several fitness memberships and as much I'd love it if LAFIT would expand their facilities or simply move to a larger site, that's not happening yet. I love yoga. I've been taking it or parts of it for so long that I know and have access to stay in the practice without going into a formal class. In short, I do 45 mins. - 1 hour of yoga 3-4 times a week.

Flexibility is simply a must. I still charm on the mat.

Upper body strength is making me go WOW! I think this is largely do to my core development in the last quarter of 2013. Not only do my arms feel strong, they look more defined. This is the same for my body overall. But, everyone knows my upper body has been given more investment this round.

Cardio is at every workout day and so is core along with stretching, and massage. 45 right now. I only run on Upper days. This gives my legs two days between runs. It's allowing me to step up the resistance, speed, and the endurance.

Day 1: Upper (Chest/Back/Shoulders) - 45 Min Run/Upper Workout/Core/Yoga/Massage
Day 2: off
Day 3: Lower (Lunges/Squats) - 45 Min Cardio Circuit/Lower Workout/Core/Yoga/Massage
Day 4: off
Day 5: Upper (Biceps/Triceps/Shoulders) - 45 Min Run/Upper Workout/Core/Yoga/Massage
Day 6: off
Day 7: Lower (Machines/Floor) - 45 Min Cardio Circuit/Lower Workout/Core/Yoga/Massage
Day 8: off...recycle!

I do love concluding each workout with a 7 minute HydroMassage at Planet Fitness. It's one of the best kept secrets. It's amazing for the recovery. Like stretching, it's hard to convince the novice to take that 7 minutes. I'm enjoying that for now, I can get one in after every workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment