Sunday, January 5, 2014

happy new year 2014

It's always a resolution, right? You spend the entire year waffling back and forth, feeling a little guilty about the fact you're still stuck where you are when the year began. Stop making resolutions. You don't have to put off what you would like to see accomplished unto a New Year. The new year does not need you putting a burden on it the very first day. It is not fair to the new year. It has yet to be determined and clearly you are not good at keeping your promises to it.

So...stop!

Happy Birthday to me. I can tell the one thing I am contemplating and it does not require a resolution to keep me on track. I am tired of combing my hair and thus seriously considering dread locks.

It is cold outside. The most you can hope for with resolutions and hair is to wait until spring anyway...right?

That is my point. Make small goals, post them, make measurable progress...post your accomplishments. Repeat.

This is how I would do it. My fitness season ebbs and flows. After injuring myself last summer, I am no longer a control freak when it comes to working out. I do not mind facing breaks I cannot control. It gives me a sense of freedom to make a decision to change up a workout and not worry about how it is impacting my overall fitness.


No comments:

Post a Comment