Monday, September 6, 2010

can't afford to eat healthy?

Really? Try this study. Record what you eat from all of the restaurants you spend money at during the course of one week. Get back with me with the results. I recently read a post somewhere (I won't say where.) that a perspective dieter for Weight Watchers was feeling down and out because she didn't think she could afford the food. I read her posts daily and you could feed a small village in Africa on the money she spends on breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Yes! She eats fast food for at least three meals.

This isn't the first time I've encountered such a client. I had one like this before who literally sabotaged her diet just so that she could have the 'glory' of telling me I had failed her. Mind you, she was a paid customer. So in the end, who was the real loser. I would have trained her for free if she only followed my suggestions instead of behaving like a contrite teenager. For this reason, I charge clients and no longer drive to their convenient location.

So, when you say you can't afford to eat healthy, document how much you spend on dining out. Cutting dollars in non-essential areas will save you money in the short and long run. Just consider the health care costs of a cesspool diet, that alone should make you want to dine in and weigh your portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment