Monday, September 6, 2010

my first 5K

Yes, I know for you runner bunnies that's a brisk walk. But this girl, it's a trip to Mount Olympus! Seriously. I was never a runner. I took Aerobics in high school to avoid 'gym class'. To be a walker, I wasn't a very upwardly mobile runner. I hated it literally. I didn't know how to breathe, my knees were weak from Osgood's and no one bothered to show me how to do it. Well in the last few years before my colitis rendered me bedridden, I hit the track and tried to work myself up to what some might call a runner. It didn't last. When I was sidelined, I threw my entire discipline away.

Well, I'm back! And on October 3, 2010 I intend to run my very first 5k. I train three days a week and have been building my speed and endurance without my knees and arthritic ankles groaning to the punishment.

Here's me June 10, 2010, just one week into my return to exercise at Planet Fitness. My dress was so tight, I had to turn sideways in the picture to look thinner. Camera tricks! Look at how the material was pulling! OMG!


I don't do scales, unless I use it to weigh my food! So there it is. A slimmer me, September 10, 2010. I was brave enough to do a full frontal. December 10, is my next photo op. Now it will be cold here in Michigan, but I will still model the same dress. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment