Sunday, June 17, 2012

a curly girl...conditioner washing evolution



Over 20 years ago when working in the adult foster care industry, I regularly transported clients to SuperMarts in the local area. With the clients small budgets I consciously steered them towards less expensive items. Undoubtedly shampoo regularly appeared on client shopping lists. The need for shampoo and conditioner dialed us towards VO5, White Rain, and Suave. I never new African American's could use these brands and get captivating results.

There has now  a trend on the natural globe that began long before someone penned a book and made conditioner wash/styling the go-to for curly girls. Since becoming a natural, I had to embrace the curl revolution instantly when I big chopped my hair Nov 2008. Now nearly four years into this world of curls I quickly evolved to conditioner washing simply for its softening results. I love my cheap conditioners. I also love the expensive ones. If the cheaper brands will garner the same or better results, it is a no-brainer. I am going for cheap!

Coupons are big to-do on small budgets. Before the year turns over I have begun to pledge to reducing my product margin to no more than 10 products, thus backing off the product junkie life. I am an enormous fan of shopping quantity if the budget and coupons allow. Recently, I embraced Suave's Professional Almond/Shea. First round I tried both the poo/co with amazing results. You simply cannot go wrong with you mix Conditioner with Shea and Almond.

I began to shift towards the 2 to 1 margin, conditioner and shampoo. Now, I am all about the Conditioners. Rarely do I find the need to clarify, since I have not deflected from the Sulfate poos.

No more poos...accept for clarifying.

1 comment:

  1. Went couponing yesterday on my walk in the community. KMART offered me a $5 savings card. In store coupons on Suave products 2/$3 with a 2 coupon limit provided me with four free bottles of this 'hair crack'. I love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete