Friday, June 29, 2012

why tilapia?

Tilapia Fish Cakes

I was mostly a white bass lover. Drive by FRESH FISH HOUSE, any location locally and we'll need to pull over, park, so I can dash in and order a large white bass-head chopped, split, leave the tail on. Yes, fry it! Wheat bread and lots of hot sauce.

However, if you check my freezer, tilapia is the only fish I purchase. I do consume seafood varieties in the form of shrimp, lobster, and crab. However, in the fish family it's none other than tilapia.

Why?

Tilapia is primarily and often entirely a vegetarian fish. It consumes a cereal diet, whereas most other fishes (my white bass) are carnivorous.

It has been regarded as the fish St. Peter (found with the coin in its mouth).

It has very low levels of mercury, though low in Omega 3.

It is a very inexpensive fish, easily farmed, thus leading to its growing popularity. You can find this fish at any store.

No comments:

Post a Comment