Monday, February 25, 2013

eat this, not that


try this...
Ask anyone what my favorite ice cream and they’ll tell you chocolate peanut butter by Haagen Daz. I cannot find it in a quart tub so I am usually at the mercy of the pint, which is fine since I can extract four ½ cup servings from it, and the tub does not take up much space. The trouble with this confection is that it is loaded…I mean loaded with fat and calories. For the diet conscious, I don’t recommend you try it. 

You will become hooked and find yourself grumbling at the customer service counter when it is not on the shelf.

In just ½ cup it packs a whopping 340 calories. Did I tell you it was delicious?

Recently I uncovered Breyer’s new chocolate peanut buttercup. For 140 calories for a ½ cup serving, it is worth the trial. The trouble with the Breyer’s brand is that I have to vest in the ½ gallon container, which is big and takes up so much space in the freezer. Then there is the fact that I don’t eat ice cream daily. Very often sherbet is more appealing.

With that said, I am up for the challenge. If I can find the Breyer’s chocolate peanut butter cup in a pint size container, which would be fabulous. In the meantime, I will shop around for merchants that carry it and when my Haagen Daz depletes, its replacement will be few calories.

dump this



No comments:

Post a Comment