Wednesday, February 13, 2013

vegetarian corn dogs

I love corn dogs. There's nothing like them. I even trained myself to eating mustard just so that I could get that full effect of having to dip a corn dog into mustard. I am taking baby steps with this mustard thing. I opted to dip my toe into the mustard pool by going with Honey Mustard. Yum! 

This corny recipe can be manipulated to your desire. I am a plant-based dieter so my dogs are Smart Dogs by LightLife. I played around with this recipe and you will find that there are items that you can surely omit, although I cannot vouch for your variations, so be patient.

Veggie Corn Dogs, Cole Slaw, and Oven Crisp Potato Wedges

Corn Dog Recipe

Salt, pepper, red pepper,
1 t. chopped garlic
2 T rice flour
3 T corn meal
Sour milk
¼ cup corn
1 t sugar
1 T self-rising flour
2 T oat flour (seasoned)
1-2 Smart Dogs (vegetarian hot dogs)
wooden skewers

Preparation

Mix ingredients.  Heat your oil in a sauce pot, more than half full.

Cut one dog in half. Insert a wooden skewer into each half. Roll each half into seasoned oat flour. Coat your dogs with corn meal batter. Drop your dogs into hot oil, turning them while they fry. Remove. Place on paper towels. They won’t be perfect. But they’ll sure taste better than the store brands!
Enjoy with coleslaw and potato wedges. Do not forget your favorite mustard!


No comments:

Post a Comment