Friday, March 14, 2014

acv rinse and homemade protein treatment

Once a month, I am aiming at balancing the ph in my hair and cleaning it from product buildup without a harsh wash. This process, by trial basis only would follow with a HOMEVEDA protein treatment.

Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) rinse. After many views on YOUTUBE, it is best for 'relaxed' hair to only receive ACV rinses once per month. The current recipe for the ACV rinse for my hair volume is 1 to 4 ratio/using 1/4 cup of acv + 1 cup of water. I poured this into a spray bottle, sectioned my hair into fourths, and massaging acv into the scalp, on one section at a time. My hair was fully saturated before the mix bottle was empty. I then poured the remaining over my hair. The setting time was 10 minutes under a baggy.

After rinsing, my hair did not even look like my hair. I was pleasantly surprised and even for a moment wondered why I had never tried this before! The rinse closes the cuticles of the hair shaft allowing the strands to appear more shiny, as they reflect more light, but also improves manageability. Strands with open cuticles are easily tangled, unmanageable, and can lead to breakage.
Protein Treatment. Following this amazing ACV rinse, I mixed together [1 egg, 2 T soy milk, 2 T coconut oil, 2 T Aloe Vera]. With hair in four sections and using an applicator brush, I applied the treatment from root to ends. Covered hair with a baggy and a satin bonnet, then sat under a HOT dryer on MED temp. for 35 minutes. To remove egg, I co-washed with Suave Naturals Aloe and Water Lily, 2x. De-tangled, and applied the LOC method.
 
I have noticed an immediate marked difference and improvement. I will continue using this 1-2 punch! My hair loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment