Thursday, May 8, 2014

oster planetary stand mixer

It only took me two months to decide. It was a toss up between this and the Kenmore Elite. The Oster Planetary Stand Mixer was a great find. I am a scratch cook/baker, so having some kind of mixer in my kitchen is a must have to reducing the physical task of mixing ingredients together.

The first mixer I ever purchased was the Hamilton Beach stand mixer with a rotating plate. I believe I paid around $20-30 for it close to 15 years ago. I was presented with a small budget, the KitchenAid was about $400 and there was no way I was taking that kind of leap.

The Hamilton Beach lasted until I loaned it to my sister, and it broke. It was an aged product so I was not about to stiff her for the cost I paid for it in 1999, after much usage. Instead I found the Wolfgang Puck stand mixer for a great price on Ebay and she compensated me for the lost. She liked the price so much she had me to place her an order as well!

I used that Wolfgang Puck a few times in the three years I owned it, but it only made me yearn more for a mixer that allowed me to add ingredients without ceasing the motor, as well as spin without having to manually rotate the bowl. I think I have arrived. I am a fan favorite of carrot cake, German Chocolate, and pound cake. I need a carbonated lemon-lime flavored beverage and I am good to go on the pound cake. 

My mixer arrived in a warm season but that will not stop my inspiration to bake. It does not come always, but when it happens I want to be armed with the right artillery. The Oster Planetary Stand Mixer should be the weapon I need to bust a move on some serious baking!

1 comment:

  1. Anxious to try my new stand mixer, this morning I set out to bake a loaf pound cake, bringing ingredients to room temperature. The milk had soured and clumped, but that was okay.

    This mixer recommends you do not pre-sift your flour. This pound cake came out amazing! So delicious. It cooked in about an hour. The mixer performed very well. I have yet to mix pizza dough with the hook or make egg whites with the balloon whisk.

    Fun times ahead!

    ReplyDelete