Thursday, May 1, 2014

stromboli

I must admit, I took a short cut with the pizza dough. While shopping at Trader Joe's I was browsing the produce and spied this bag of seasoned pizza dough and was anxious to try it. I brought it home and made a wonderful Stromboli.
 
Ingredients:
Field Roast Lentil Slice
Red Onions
Tomato
Mozzarella Cheese
Spinach
Mushrooms
Olive Oil
 
Preparation: Preheat oven to 400 degrees and move the center rack up one position.
After sautéing the vegetables and allowing them to cool, I placed about 1 T of olive oil on a baking sheet and brushed it over a section large enough to stretch the dough over while flat. I never make folded pizza or Stromboli on any surface other than the one I am using to bake it.
 
Press dough over surface of baking sheet. Sprinkle some cheese on one half of the surface area and place toppings on top of cheese. Sprinkle more cheese on top. Fold the dough of the empty portion over the toppings portion and seal the edges by pressing or crimping. With a knife prick vents into the top surface of Stromboli and place in the oven on the top rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
 
Using a pizza cutter, cut the Stromboli in half and serve warm.
 
I had enough dough to make two but prepared them on separate occasions. It was hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment