Monday, April 28, 2014

spring cleaning

Since becoming a vegetarian, I really have not done the typical seasonal detoxes I used to do. Recently, I was required to do a liquid fast for a colonoscopy. It was such a great run of clean eating...and then Sunday came, and I ate cake, candy, caramel...lol.

I follow the Lemonade diet but sweetened this time with honey because it was all I had in stock. I did not use cayenne because the prep required that I avoid 'red'.

The point is, I will do the 24-48 hour clear liquid cleanses seasonally again. My colon received an herbal cleansing and this along with a clear liquid diet provided me a 'reset'. Since, I feel more efficient! Early morning detail...check!

I have more energy...even more than before!

As I have always stated, my diet is not perfect. I follow the 80/20 rule. However, this cleansing was marvelous on my colon and it certainly encourages me to stay on the 80 side of life!


No comments:

Post a Comment