Thursday, April 3, 2014

relocated...to boost mobile

For the past three years I was loyal to Virgin Mobile. Steering clear of the Big Box telecoms I was happy to receive the same billing amount monthly and rewarded Virgin with a Paypal Automatic Payment option. I had no complaints. As a consumer who shops for price, I became a little anxious about Boost Mobile's Shrinking Payments. Around Christmas 2013, they boasted 4G LTE phone service at $35 for 6 months. Wait!

I realized that it was time to shop for a phone. I recently focused on WARP ZTE 9510. After checking online to verify the specials were still offered, it only took me to two Best Buy stores to find 'my' phone in stock.


For the record, I was starting to salivate over the HTC ONE at Virgin. The final draw for me was the cost of that phone. It was a no-brainer. Not only is Boost offering a great phone, but it is doing so at a reduced price at Best Buy. So far, the service is comparable. I simply transferred my number, waiting patiently for the rep to install the phone and now officially, I am a member of Boost.

Best Buy has made some updates to their phone service plan that now includes a deductible. Well, I have 15 days to bring my phone into a store if I decide to purchase it.

So...what do I love about my new ZTE warp LTE 4G phone and the service carrier?
  • rapid speed
  • large display
  • 6 month/$35 unlimited plan
  • Shrinking payments: 6 months on-time/monthly charge reduces by $5

1 comment:

  1. I have a review from my sister regarding my new phone. Yesterday, we were traveling and I utilized the GPS/navigation and she indicated that this phone has a much higher volume than the HTC ONE V.

    So there you have it! Another positive. When I told her how much I paid for the phone, the service, and the plan's future, she indicated that she just may become a member of a no-contract carrier.

    ReplyDelete