Friday, April 10, 2015

a vegan? very highly likely not

Although vegans garner my utmost respect, I do not aspire to become a vegan. You may often read a comment where I say "if I could give up eggs and cheese...a vegan, I could become". Vegans are anti-cruelty. Respect! Vegans do not consume or use animal products (food, materials, or waste). Respect!

But vegans are not often the most healthy, despite the myth that they are. A bad diet is a bad diet. This is the reality. I expect to continuously evolve: cleaner eating. However, I will never under any circumstances reach a level where I think the health of the world is more important than my own. I am not born to sacrifice myself for the greater good. That was done for me thousands of years ago when the Son of God carried His own cross to His crucifixion.

He paid it all.

I am commonly reviewing the channels, blogs, and messages of some very disturbed and perhaps depressed emotional eaters who are validating their bad eating to morally judge those of us who do not unnecessarily burden ourselves with things we cannot change.

I realize that some people are born with stronger propensities to take charge, stand independently, lead and less follow. I also recognize that behavior can be adapted. Just as you make the sacrifice to use or consume animal products, you can also correct bad eating practices: eating out of boredom, eating too many starchy or processed foods.

I see something wrong, I try to fix it. I do not rely on others having the last word. Your opinion counts but it doesn't matter. Understand? No? Let me explain. That means that I will listen to you, but if by chance I am doing what you think was under your advisement, relax. I am simply doing what perhaps aligns with your perspective.

In short, a vegan I will not become if that ever means that I will lazily fall to eating everything that is adverse to my body under the guise of being an anti-cruel activist.



No comments:

Post a Comment