Tuesday, April 14, 2015

door to door organics: week 2 summary

Slowly, the local markets are becoming a thing of the past or simply a lighter load to carry.

It would take a minute for my shopping fetish to wane. I expected a little reluctance but this week proves I am reaching the end of the steps to full sobriety.

My second delivery from Door to Door Organics arrived last Friday. While I should have simply upgraded the box to Small (which is something I pondered in the first week) I made some substitutions and a few add-ons. This took me over the price of the Small.

Note: Upgraded to Small.

I did a fabulous job using the items in the first delivery. Between that time and the second delivery I made a conscious effort to plan meals around what is coming to the door so that nothing gets wasted.

I am open to trying new things, which is suggested on the site. I am also submitting to a suggestion list and items I would rather not bother ordering. The foods taste so wonderfully different I cannot brag enough! Everything is simply delicious.

If I do not cook the items and they are freezable, chop…chop, to the freezer the go! I am not a canned food person, but I enjoyed stewed tomatoes and paste. Going forward, there could a change in how I utilize these two favorites. So far, the first delivery presented three beautiful vine ripe tomatoes and I was stomped at how to use them as I witnessed them falling into despair. But never fear I turned them into STEWED TOMATOES! Yes!

The subscription is not permanent. If I find that I am overwhelmed with items I can always turn back to the Itty Bitty box. I tell you, if the boxes came with dry goods I would be in heaven. I would get rice, pasta, beans, etc. from the onsite store.

The verdict is still the same. I love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment