Saturday, February 17, 2018

Cook's Convection Air Fryer 2.5 L

Delivered on Valentine's Day, this gadget is shaping up to be the best gift ever!!! I put 'air fryer' on my Christmas List, but it did not quite make the cut. And that was okay, because even though I wanted one I was not sold on it yet.  I had no counter space set aside to hold it.  I had not seen any visuals that convinced me that this was something I could put to good use.  I have tons of electronic devices and did not want to push the universe to conspire on my behalf.

But then, I started watching videos on YouTube, namely from Bhavna's Kitchen, as she reviewed two brands. She is quite a healthy food prep maven.  Her results definitely hooked me to at least trying it.

Cook's 2.5 L Air Fryer (JCP)

An air fryer must be able to satisfactorily fry three of my favorites: french fried potatoes, cauliflower, and cheese sticks, for me to consider it worth separating from my pot of cooking oil.  My convection toaster oven does a fabulous job with french fried potatoes, but my cauliflower is a mess and does not come close to crunchy before it goes too soft in the texture.  I like my cauliflower with a bit of a bite.  And as for cheese sticks, I only trust the oven on 200 degrees to keep them warm, certainly not to cook them.

***

Temp set: 400 degrees F.  Time set: 5-20 minutes.  Check every 5 minutes.  Spray oil or 2 T of cooking oil (max. for each prep) applied with a basting brush.

Trial I: French Fried Potatoes.  20 minutes.




Trial II: Fried Cauliflower.  15 minutes.



Trial III: Mozzarella Sticks.  7 minutes.



It's a win!  What more can I say?  The plan is to make a small investment in a sprayer so that my stock of canola gets good use!

1 comment: