Friday, July 24, 2015

couscous

A little reticent on trying anything other than brown rice and wild rice, I ventured a little off of the reservation and decided on couscous.

The first time I tried it was a fail. I have no idea what happened but I can tell you for sure, I wasn't pleased with the flavor. 

My sister has tried to get me to cook quinoa. She loves that stuff. But after my first try of couscous (very similar) I was not having it. Not wanting to feel defeated I attempted to try couscous again. After all, one cannot go wrong with Garlic & Olive Oil. 

I only noticed after purchasing and eating (it was yum) that Near East, the brand I used makes couscous in both stripped and whole durum. I of course purchased the stripped. It's okay. I liked it and that is most important. It is definitely something I intend to buy more of in the future. Not to lay penalty with Near East, but I would like to try to make this from plain couscous, seasoned the old fashioned way with fresh garlic and olive oil.








I served the couscous with collard greens and corn flake tofu (topped with honey and hot sauce)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment