Monday, March 16, 2015

good bye to my gym membership

I am considering cancelling one of my gym memberships. It is not an idea that came suddenly and surely it will not be a quick decision. I expect to ponder this decision for at most a year. I do enjoy the convenience and the variety it brings. It's social so it gets me in the community of others with similar goals of maintaining an active life.

I am not very social. I am serious about my workouts. After close to five years as a member of Planet Fitness, I am finding myself less interested in going in. It is not the staff, although the original staff was a greater motivation! LOL. It's simply boredom. I love doing all sorts of stuff. I prefer walking over running sometimes. Most definitely I like the relaxing environment of yoga and doing so at home gives me more freedom.

I may purchase a bike. The running I can do outside. And lastly, I can buy more weights if necessary, although right now I am loving doing inclusive exercises that involve weights and movements.

Again, this will not be a sudden decision. It will not leave me without any membership. I still have my LA FIT that I have had for close to 10 years.


No comments:

Post a Comment